Although the recent temperatures wouldn’t have you feeling like Summer is on it’s way, Spring is well and truly here! The flowers are in bloom and the smell of cut grass is once again filling the air. Always the most popular time of year for selling, Spring traditionally sees a steady increase in the number of new properties listed. Now really is the time to dust away the cobwebs and take the bull by the horns if you are in the frame of mind for moving, give yourself the maximum advantage of the longer evenings and brighter days to make the most out the home you have created for yourself, and hopefully that new buyer!
DEMAND IS UP!
Demand continues to increase for starter homes with properties under £100k selling within weeks, if not days. Homes in reasonably good order with little modernisation required are top of the wish list for the majority of buyers however Investors are continuing their efforts to pick up the odd project for turning around or to turn into a good rental property, also in high demand! There is also a shortage of small bungalows and ground floor apartments to suit the buyers hoping to down size or in need of easy maintenance. Overall, demand is up, supply is low so this really is a good time to organise a market appraisal, free of charge!
PROFESSIONAL IMAGING AND FLOOR PLANS!
Any good agent should continually review their marketing strategies and the services they offer. Here at Norman Morrow & Co we recognise that trends are changing and buyers are expecting a more informative and polished view of the properties they are considering for viewing. On reflection of that we are now working with a professional photographer and floor planner to maximise the potential in the exposure our extensive marketing already provides. Costs for these additional services are individual to the property and will be negotiated at the point of instruction. Drone imaging and video footage are also options to consider for larger properties and those with additional outside space or land.
FRESHEN UP FOR THE NEW SEASON!
Many of us will have started our spring clean, selling or not but finding time in a busy schedule to do a good clear out can be the lowest of priorities. If you are thinking of selling your property or are already on the market, taking time to de-clutter and give your home a fresh look for Spring/Summer is a must!
Given the increase in demand and the potential of a professional photographer capturing every little detail of your very lovely but lived in home, now’s the time to write that list and get cracking (no pun intended). Here are a few tips:
- Show each room to its full potential – clear out the junk room, de-clutter as much as possible!
- Give any room a new look by changing the colour of a wall, buying a new set of curtains or just rearranging the furniture.
- Clean up grubby walls by wiping them down or if necessary giving them a fresh coat of paint, hallways and staircases are usually the worst culprits.
- If you haven’t already….Cut the lawn, trim the hedges, pull the dreaded weeds and invest in a few colourful flower beds to add a touch of life to the front of the house. No room for flower beds? Window boxes will have the same effect!
- Bringing the colour indoors, fresh flowers will brighten any room… just remember to change them when they’ve had their day!
- Do all the little minor jobs that you’ve been putting off until a wet day, buyers will notice and it will reflect in the price they’re prepared to pay!
Finally, contact us to give you a market appraisal or to discuss any changes you might have in mind for a current sale! Have a great Easter from all the staff!
NB The office is closing at 1pm on Friday 14th and will reopen at 9am on Wednesday 19th.